Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is 1.5-spaced; uses a 12pt Times New Roman; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
- If intending to share datasets that derive from work involving human participants please review "Guidance on sharing datasets that derive from work involving human participants" in author guidelines.
- Prepare dataset for deposit by reviewing replication guidelines: http://thedata.org/book/replication-guidelines
- If depositing into the Harvard Dataverse, you may submit your dataset in OJS at the same time as your manuscript in JBMP. This will be automatically deposited in the Harvard Dataverse and will generate a Data Citation with a persistent URL (DOI) which you can then refer others to cite your data when your article is published.
- If your dataset is already in a recommended public archive please include a Data Citation with a persistent URL. For guidelines on Data Citation please review the author guidelines.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.